"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Monday, July 18, 2011

Joyeux Kitchen: Sangria! Ole!


We had a party over the weekend and this Emeril recipe was a huge hit.  It's easy to make ahead and serve later; perfect for a busy party day!

You'll need:
  • 1 (750 ml) bottle of red wine
  • 1/4 cup brandy (I used apricot)
  • 1/4 cup triple sec/orange liqueur
  • 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (I used bottled)
  • 2 tbsp fresh orange juice (again...bottled)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 an orange, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 a lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1 unwaxed apple, cored and cut into thin wedges (Oh please Emeril, where am I going to get an unwaxed apple?  I used waxed and didn't core it either.)
  • 1 (750 ml) bottle of sparkling water, chilled
I also threw in a handful of tiny key limes sliced in half since I used bottled lime juice.  Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.  This recipe is great doubled if you're serving a crowd!  I doubled it, but didn't have a second bottle of sparkling water, so I used 2 cans of Sprite.  YUM!

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse & foodnetwork.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment