"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Joyeux Kitchen: Favorite Fall Soups

"Soup is to the meal, what the hostesses smile of welcome is to the party. A prelude to the goodness to come." --Louis P. De Gouy
I've been sick all week!  I'm going to let a couple of my favorite ladies do my work for me today.  Here's a list of my five favorite fall soup/stew recipes to warm you up.

Rachael Ray's Tortilla Soup
Pioneer Woman Corn Chowder With Chiles
Pioneer Woman Roasted Vegetable Minestrone
Rachael Ray's Uptown Down-Home Chili
Beef and Guinness Stew

The corn chowder is Doug's favorite, spicy and savory and delish.  With all these recipes, I leave out the mushrooms because they're on Doug's "I'm not eating that!" list.  I have no idea if the mushrooms would significantly impact the flavor.  I puree the tortilla soup (Mom's favorite) with the hand blender to prevent he-who-shall-not-be-named from picking out all the vegetables.  For the chili recipe, I never keep gouda on hand and usually sub in some sharp cheddar or monterey jack cheese.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment