"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Thursday, November 4, 2010

What Have You Done For Me Lately?

Last night, Dan and I went to a concert...on a Wednesday...with no kids...

Funny thing is, while having a beer before the concert, we realized that in 12 years this is the first one we've been to together. We have VERY different taste in music. Dan is the stereotypical Seattle grunge music fan (in high school in the Pacific Northwest in the 90's...I guess this fits) with some classic rock thrown in on the side. I prefer country, pop, 80's, and 70's soft rock. Give me Hall & Oates or Carole King and I'm a happy girl.

In most cases, our personal music choices are to be played in our own cars without subjecting the other party to complete misery. Sometimes, on LONG roadtrips, we tolerate the other person's selections.

I digress, the concert of choice last night: Stone Temple Pilots. We were offered tickets and Dan was as giddy as our three-year-old on Christmas morning so I went. Hey...anything for a date with my husband, right? We went with another couple and as we walked in and I started people watching, as I always do, I kept hearing a classic Sesame Street song in my head..."One of these things is NOT like the others...One of these things just doesn't belong!"

In the end, it was a blast. I recognized more songs than I expected to. I stood my short self in the middle of the general admission crowd for the duration, I danced a little, I thought the rockstar lead singer had some sexy moves, I held my husband's hand, and I thoroughly enjoyed the company of some new friends.

All-in-all, a successful evening! I highly recommend stepping out of your comfort zone for your spouse sometime in the near future!

1 comment: