"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Green Bunny: Baby Name Art

I felt a creative urge when Sarah was pregnant with her third baby girl and [GASP] I was throwing the baby shower. Pottery Barn Baby was consuming my every thought. I was trying to emulate some of the adorable artwork on the bedroom walls in the 'I-want-it-all-please' catalog...
In explaining my love for all things Pottery Barn, I am reminded of an oh-so-classic Friends moment from 'The One With The Apothecary Table':

Ross: Phoebe HATES Pottery Barn???!!! She's so weird.
Rachel: Ross, she’s not weird, she just wants her stuff to be one of a kind.
Ross: Huh. Ya know what’s not one of a kind? A twin!
Anyway, back to the artwork, here's what I came up with:

This is 12x16. I framed it in a cream IKEA frame and displayed it on the table using a plate rack at the shower and then sent it home with Sarah...along with two others for Haley & Hannah!


This spiraled into making one for our MOPS auction:


and, one for my son (this one is 9x9):


Involved some cutting, some sewing, some chalking, some drawing, some tearing, some sanding, some major creative drive. All except for 'Kathleen' were before I owned my Cricut. (Yes...those are hand drawn and cut letters, flowers, birds, trees & bugs folks!) This is something I hope to include in my custom-made options when I launch Green Bunny Art....super fun project!

No comments:

Post a Comment