"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cast Iron Gingerbread Mold


Side 1: Traditional

Side 2: Contemporary

Just some holiday fluff for the blog this evening.  I borrowed this cast iron gingerbread mold from a friend, who borrowed it from her mom, who has had it forever, and now I'm in love with it.  Must have one.  I've never seen anything like it!  The mold is two sided--one side has a traditional house, and the other has a more contemporary style.  And she passed along the recipe as well.  It was so easy--mix up the dough, press into the mold and bake.  Simple!  The gingerbread houses that result are gorgeous (and edible--yum!)and we had a great time putting them together.  I found several on Ebay for $15-$50 , and you can also buy them from the original maker, the John Wright Company, for $26.50 plus shipping; they have some neat stuff on their website.  I think it would be a great addition to any kitchen and a treasured heirloom for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment