"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy - Heart - Day!

Just a little something I made for my man...hope he doesn't check our blog before Monday.
Historically, Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays. I can take it or leave it. But this year, I am finding myself drawn to the red and the hearts more than ever. Today, I picked up a bunch of supplies (that were surprisingly well-priced) at Party City with the boys. Sidenote: When we got home, Logan said, "Mom, I had fun at the I Love You Store!"


Anyhow, I had a really fun idea for a craft or card with little ones. It's a simple project, but oh-so-cute! All you need is an ink pad, some white paper, and some adorable little fingers:


I did this with both boys. Place their pointer finger in the ink and then make two fingerprints in the shape of a heart. I made several hearts for each kiddo. I made sure to spread them out on the page knowing I would be punching them out with my circle punch. I added a digital element from Ali Edwards at DesignerDigitals.com and some ribbon and came up with this (Really...sorry, honey, if you happen to look at this post before Monday!):


One more: This was super simple. I cut out pieces of a paper doilie to create the flowers. Added the adorable pearl brads and rub-on sentiment and...voila!


Not sure yet what I will do with all the other fun stuff...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Krista! You are the cardmaking queen...this is my feeble attempt :)

    ReplyDelete