"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Friday, February 4, 2011

Joyeux Kitchen: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!



Baking Serendipity's Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

These were a hit with the whole family: two breakfast favorites smooshed together to create the perfect storm of gooey carbs and sugar.  I made cream cheese frosting without a recipe (about 2/3 a brick of softened cream cheese and then kept adding powdered sugar and drizzles of milk with the hand-mixer until the taste and spreadability were just right).  I'm sure syrup would be just fine, but the cream cheese spread...my oh my...got all melty when it hit the hot cakes... it's okay to moan with delight about your own cooking, right? 
P.S. -- Yes.  I served these delicious pancakes on paper plates with plastic forks although they were deserving of our wedding china.  The dishwasher is broken and heaven help me I am TIRED of doing dishes.  Even if you come over for a steak, I'm gonna give it to you on the finest paper plates Target has to offer.

Additional note:  I just realized that I lied about these being 'a hit with the whole family'.  I had to forcefeed them to our four-year-old, but it all fairness, the only maindish type foods she will willingly eat are cold cheese sandwiches and bagels with cream cheese.  That's another post entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment