"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Joyeux Kitchen: Waffles Of Insane Greatness


I can't take credit for naming this recipe (or really anything about this recipe)--it's from Food Network, I know, huge surprise.  It's a family favorite for weekend mornings, and I've also used it for a girls' fondue night and it was spectacular.  If you think you've had good waffles you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Waffles of Insane Greatness
You'll need:
  • 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Butter and syrup, for serving
Combine the dry ingredients.  Add the wet ingredients, mix well, and then let the batter sit for 30 minutes before making your waffles.  My recipe notes: I always use buttermilk and I substitute canola oil for vegetable oil.  And I always make a double batch because the whole family goes back for seconds and thirds.  Happy weekend brunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment