"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Multipurpose Chicks


It was a Cake Pop kinda weekend.  These are Bakerella's Spring Chickens (click here for detailed directions), originally designed for an Easter theme, revamped for Chicks Night Out/Patty's Dirty Thirty birthday celebration.  Instead of a boxed cake mix and canned frosting, this time I used my FAVORITE chocolate cake recipe: Beatty's Chocolate Cake from Ina Garten on the Food Network.  (I know I know, you guys must be just about Food-Networked out by now.)  I've made that cake so many times I could probably do it from memory--it was perfect for the pops, I used all the cake and 3/4 of the frosting.  (The rest is in the fridge, taunting me...I'm guessing it won't make it past breakfast tomorrow.)

These were a fun project, lots of opportunities to get creative with the chicks. :)


(Naked chicks.)


(The birthday chick.)
--tiara courtesy crafty Lindsay--


(Party chicks!!)


1 comment: