"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Carter's First Year - Paint Chip Album


Each grandma received a paint chip album at Carter's first birthday party. (I am only including a few of the 14 total pages.) I picked up large paint chips in coordinating colors at the hardware store. Then, I punched holes in the top and began to distress the paint chips with both an edge distresser (here's the one I like, but apparently it has been discontinued...I'll be on the lookout for a new one and get back to ya.) and sandpaper. I tried to choose photos that represented what stage Carter was in during each month. I also took a picture of him with a large teddy bear every month in his first year to show his growth.

TIP: I ordered my wallet-size photos through Snapfish. I do have photo editing and printing capabilities at home, but found that if I turned them black & white within the Snapfish website, the color was much more consistent than if I edited & printed them all myself. It is just a simple click of a button within the "Edit" menu. You'll find the color and tinting options in the "Fun" tab. Also, ordering the wallet-size photos cut down on my photo trimming time tremendously. (Which helped since there are so many tiny photos in these albums!) You have to order a set of four wallets for each picture, but I use the extras on other projects/pages or put them in my wallet.

Next, I embellished the pages (the fun part!) and started piecing it all together. I really enjoyed creating this album. My only regret is that I didn't make one for myself!








I used my Cricut to cut the Mickey shapes and the number 1 to create the invites for our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse BBQ. A picture of Carter blowing out his candle will go on this last page!


No comments:

Post a Comment