"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Joyeux Kitchen: Fruit Crisp

This recipe is a Betty Crocker classic, perfect for a potluck.  Great with apples, cranberries and pears at Christmas or peaches and wild blackberries in the summer.


You'll need:
  • 4 cups fruit (I like apples, peaches, blueberries, or strawberry/rhubarb)
  • 3/4 cup lt. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
Recipe calls for a 9 by 13 baking dish but I prefer a square 8 by 8.  The topping covers better!  If I double it I use the larger dish.
Place fruit in the bottom of baking dish, fresh or frozen.  Combine remaining ingredients--dig in there!  Fingers work best for a nice crumbly topping.  Spread out evenly on top of the dessert. 

Bake for 30 minutes @ 375 and enjoy!  (It's really good for breakfast.)  Don't cover this dessert while it's still warm, or you'll have to rename it "Fruit Mush". 

No comments:

Post a Comment