"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Monday, October 18, 2010

One Person's Junk...

...is another person's treasure!

My mom and I often use our birthdays as an excuse for a girls' day out which usually leads to us wandering through an antique mall somewhere in the Pacific Northwest (we've even been known to stray all the way down to Oregon from time to time)!

It's a tradition...over the years our tastes have changed and our 'collections' have grown.

Such was the story yesterday. Loving my latest finds:

This guy is almost as tall as me and I am in LOVE!

Been eyeing these vintage gym lockers for a long time and finally picked one up for my scrap room. (Not sure yet what I will fill it with. Hmmmmm.......)

Couldn't leave this treasure behind! A vintage Christmas coloring book that was orginally 29 cents! I paid $1.00 and plan to photocopy pages for the boys so we can use it again and again.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the Santa! I am going to have to keep my eyes open for one here. He is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Sometimes the vintage ones look kinda creepy. And, I got him for $25! You can't get current stuff that cute at Target for that price.

    ReplyDelete