"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one'."

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Joyeux Kitchen: [Meatless Monday] Vegetarian Chili




Emeril's Vegetarian Chili

You won't miss the meat, I promise.  It's amazing.  My body would be thrilled if I ate like this more often!  I did make a couple minor changes to the recipe that I'll share with you.  First, the recipe called for five portobello mushroom caps.  They were pricey at Safeway ($3.99/pack of 2) and I knew if I had a prayer of Doug trying this, I had to make it so he could at least eat around them, so I just put in two.  I added an additional zucchini to replace missing mushrooms.  I used frozen super sweet white corn kernels (who has time to scrape corn off the cob?).  Instead of the four large tomatoes, I used a giant can of diced peeled tomatoes.  And, on principle alone, I didn't make Emeril's Essence, because I think he's sort of annoying and Johnny's tastes 'bout the same to me.  Delish.

Bon appetit, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment